Facts About Space

Have you ever thought about space and all the cool things that are out there?  If you manage to make it to space, you become taller by a maximum of 5 cm.  This is because there is no gravitational pull that is pulling you down towards anything in space.  Another interesting fact is a light year is not actually a measurement of time, but a measurement of how far light can travel in a year.  A light year is equivalent to 5.88 trillion miles!  Our closest galaxy is only 70,000 light years away which is equivalent to a number that a calculator cant even read!

Its also pretty cool that our solar system is somewhere around the estimated number of 4.6 billion years old.  Scientists have also estimated that the solar system will survive for somewhere around 5000 million years.  So that means that we have a long way to go before that happens.  It is also insane that if we were to put as many Earths as we possibly could into the sun, we could fit around one million inside of it.  Its even more insane that the sun is to be considered an average-size star!  Just imagine if our sun was even bigger than it is already, and the amount of Earths we could probably fit in it would be incredibly large.  Also, it wouldn’t be possible to walk on any of the four planets Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, or Neptune because it has no solid surface.  Plus, if you were to walk on Mars, the sunsets there would appear in a blue color.

Another interesting fact is that there are very enormous clumps of water floating around in space.  These clumps of water are said to have 140 trillion times more water than the Earth itself!  Its also amazing that if metal that is in space touches other metal, it will stay combined with each other forever.  Did you ever think that the moon once was part of the Earth?  Well, it is and in my opinion that is really interesting and it tells us a little bit more about our solar system and how it was shaped.  Something else that may blow your mind is that there is possibly a planet out there that is made of diamonds completely.  I’m not the best at math but i’m pretty sure if you sold that diamond planet you would be the richest person alive.  That is all I have for this weeks blogging challenge and I hope that you learned some pretty interesting facts about space.  There are definitely more amazing facts about space out there that I did not cover in this post so I encourage you to go check those out on other websites!  Thanks for reading!

Elite Dangerous / The ViewCreative Commons License Stefans02 via Compfight

Just some of the websites that give some facts:

Buzz Feed Interesting Facts About Space

More Interesting Facts About Space