Types of Astronomy

There are many types of astronomy.  But most people think that astronomy is just one whole subject, but it is actually a combination of multiple types of astronomy.  Before I talk about the types of astronomy, I will start off with telling you what astronomy is.  Astronomy is the study that deals with celestial objects, the whole universe and space in general.  The first type of astronomy that I will be talking about is galactic astronomy and extra galactic astronomy.   Galactic astronomy is the study of our galaxy, the Milky Way galaxy.  Extra galactic astronomy deals with galaxies that are outside of our galaxy.  Some galaxies include the Andromeda Galaxy, Triangulum Galaxy, Cartwheel Galaxy, etc.

The second type of astronomy is solar astronomy.  Solar astronomy is used to study the sun.  People use solar astronomy to figure out things such as heat, the luminosity (the brightness of the sun), solar wind, etc. from the sun.  The third type of astronomy on this list is ultraviolet astronomy.  This astronomy studies the spectrum of planetary objects.  Another type of astronomy is stellar astronomy.  This type of astronomy studies the stars in our universe.

Finally, the last type of astronomy I could fit on this list is amateur astronomy.  Basically this astronomy is where people build/buy their own equipment for studying astronomy.  The equipment could include telescopes, computers, etc.  These were all of the types of astronomy I could fit into this post.  There are other types of astronomy out there that I know that I didn’t cover, but I have provided a link below if you want to find those out for yourself.  Otherwise, I hope that you have learned something new and I hopes I made you interested in all of the types of astronomy.  Before you click away, what do you think your favorite astronomy is?  Comment below.  Thanks!

A Few Types of Astronomy (Upon reaching the website there are a multiple links below the first paragraph which can lead you to information about the type of astronomy that the link was labeled.)

Astronomy

One of Billions Nicholas Erwin via Compfight